1. Get Preapproved for a Loan
- Getting preapproved by a lender is the first step to finding your dream home. A lender can prequalify you over the phone, email or in person so you know exactly what type of loan you qualify for and what price point you can afford. We work with a variety of lenders who can get your loan underwritten in as little as 8 days (the average is 30 days), giving you a competitive edge in a multiple offer situation.
2. Define Your Criteria
- Understanding what type of property you are looking for and defining your criteria allows both you and your Agent to focus in on the areas and homes that best suit your needs. (Location, Beds/Bath, Size, Price, Age of Home, School Districts, Architecture, Etc.)
3. Property Search
- Your Agent will create a search on the MLS and cross check our “off-market” properties with your specific criteria, sending them to you as soon as they come on the market. If you prefer to do your own searches online, simply send your Agent the properties you like and they can get you important information that does not appear on Redfin or Zillow.
4. Sign Buyers Agreement and Start Viewing Properties
- Review and sign the Buyers Agreement with your Agent and then you will be ready to view homes. You can do your own research or simply look at search results from your Agent. Once you have found the homes you want to tour, you can stop by the open houses or your Agent can help you to gain access at a time that works for you.
5. Pre Inspection
- Once you find the home that is right for you, your Agent can help set up a pre inspection so you know if there are any issues with the home before you ever submit an offer. With the inspection report from a licensed home inspector, you have the security of knowing the condition of the home and the option to remove your inspection contingency from your offer, making it very competitive in multiple offer situations.
6. Writing an Offer
- When you are ready to submit an offer, your Agent will walk you through the details of the contract, answer your questions, and then send it over for your electronic signature.
- Your Agent will work hard on your behalf to get your offer accepted while always protecting your interests first and foremost.
8. Offer Acceptance and Closing
- Once your offer is accepted, your Agent will clearly communicate with you and outline all of the necessary steps to close on your new home, making sure that you are fully informed and everything goes smoothly.